Friday, March 16, 2012

The First Vision

I was reminded of this beautiful text earlier tonight, and wanted to create something with it.

Image should be clickable, to view larger, if you wish.

I'll take this moment to share that I do believe that Joseph Smith did have a vision, just as he said he did. I believe that God the Father, and our elder brother, Jesus Christ appeared to him. Just before, Joseph had been confused about which church to join, and was reading in the scriptures (James 1:5) and knew he should ask God for help with the matter. What happened next is a miracle, indeed.






More about the history and organization of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints can be found at this link: http://www.lds.org/church/organization/the-church-of-jesus-christ?lang=eng



6 comments:

Jacque said...

That's beautiful Leah.

Mamafamilias said...

I love this. As a matter of fact, some little while back, I decided I wanted to start another blog just to help me keep track of talks and articles that I really, really liked, and I put that verse over on the side. But of course, you know that because you're my one follower. Bless you heart for that (and I mean that in the GOOD way, this time). I'm just ashamed that I don't post stuff there as often as I should.

But, thank you for posting this. It is probably my favorite thing ever, "I knew it and I knew that God knew it". What else matters, right?

Unknown said...

Is you beautiful writing you have designed available to print and use?

Unknown said...

Is it possible to get a printable copy of your quote from Joseph Smith, Jr.?

Unknown said...

I must not be doing something right. Please respond at renasnow@hotmail.com

Meet the Pettus Family--1 of 6 said...

I would also love access to a printable of your creatrion pelase. beatrizpettus@gmail.com. Thanks.