Monday, April 20, 2015

6300 days

6300 days after I was born, Rodney Michael Steelman walked into my life.

AND... AND...


6300 days now, Rodney and I have been "together." 


What does this mean? It means I've had his companionship for exactly half of my life! This milestone just makes me so happy.

(Note: It's really close to the perfect half way point today. It actually happened back a few months ago, but today, I'm taking note of this milestone.)


So today, I wish to offer my deepest thanks to the powers that be, to God, to the universe, to all that is, for his presence in my life. 





Summer 2014 @ Harkers Island




One of my best friends Angie shared a song with me last week. She said, "Hey Leah - You'd really like this song. Have a listen. It's called Agape by Bear's Den." Angie was right. 

Agape is a very specific type of love. Link to an explanation that elaborates on it way better than I could hope to: http://www.gotquestions.org/agape-love.html


On wikipedia, I discovered "Agape has been expounded on by many Christian writers in a specifically Christian context. C. S. Lewis, in his book The Four Loves, used agape to describe what he believed was the highest level of love known to humanity – a selfless love, a love that was passionately committed to the well-being of the other."


To quote a line from the chorus of this newly discovered song: "I don't want to know who I am without you." This is exactly how I feel. When Rodney is with me, everything is ok.  Actually, everything is better than ok. It's just right. It's not always sunny and 70 degrees, but still, it's just right. That's how it's been for 6300 days, and I can't wait for what is to come for the next 6300, an on into eternity. I love you so much, Rodney Michael Steelman. #SteelLove #ForeverAndEverAmen 








No comments: