Friday, February 15, 2008
I Heart Salmon
I really do - especially the recipe that Rodney uses as a marinade when he grills our fillets... I'll have to post that later when I find it... Don't hold your breath, k? :)
BUT, I come to you as a voice of warning. Do NOT eat this salmon Lean Cuisine!
I have never met a Lean Cuisine I didn't like (till now, of course). Kinda like my massages (see below). Who knew? I will even tell you my FAVORITES...
Cheese Ravioli, Penne Pasta with Tomato Basil Sauce, and Sweet & Sour Chicken. There are more, but I can't think of them right now...Story of my life...
update: here's the recipe. :)
* 1 1/2 pounds salmon fillets
* lemon pepper to taste
* garlic powder to taste
* salt to taste
* 1/3 cup soy sauce
* 1/3 cup brown sugar
* 1/3 cup water
* 1/4 cup olive oil
1. Season salmon fillets with lemon pepper, garlic powder, and salt.
2. In a small bowl, stir together soy sauce, brown sugar, water, and olive oil until sugar is dissolved. Place fish in a large resealable plastic bag with the soy sauce mixture, seal, and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
3. Preheat grill for medium heat.
4. Lightly oil grill grate. Place salmon on the preheated grill, and discard marinade. Cook salmon for 6 to 8 minutes per side, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.