Friday, February 15, 2008

I Heart Salmon



I really do - especially the recipe that Rodney uses as a marinade when he grills our fillets... I'll have to post that later when I find it... Don't hold your breath, k? :)

BUT, I come to you as a voice of warning. Do NOT eat this salmon Lean Cuisine!

I have never met a Lean Cuisine I didn't like (till now, of course). Kinda like my massages (see below). Who knew? I will even tell you my FAVORITES...

Cheese Ravioli, Penne Pasta with Tomato Basil Sauce, and Sweet & Sour Chicken. There are more, but I can't think of them right now...Story of my life...


update: here's the recipe. :)
* 1 1/2 pounds salmon fillets
* lemon pepper to taste
* garlic powder to taste
* salt to taste
* 1/3 cup soy sauce
* 1/3 cup brown sugar
* 1/3 cup water
* 1/4 cup olive oil

DIRECTIONS:

1. Season salmon fillets with lemon pepper, garlic powder, and salt.
2. In a small bowl, stir together soy sauce, brown sugar, water, and olive oil until sugar is dissolved. Place fish in a large resealable plastic bag with the soy sauce mixture, seal, and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
3. Preheat grill for medium heat.
4. Lightly oil grill grate. Place salmon on the preheated grill, and discard marinade. Cook salmon for 6 to 8 minutes per side, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.

5 comments:

Joel said...

Rodney does make the best salmon in town.

leah said...

that he does. i am about to update the post with his recipe. :) yummm.

Lauren said...

I want some salmon now! Yum!

Susan Hancock said...

Leah, you have caught me off-guard! Is this the same little mama who went for 6 months without a post, and then you've got 2 new post this week!! I love it. Rodney is a great cook!

NCSOXMAN said...

I had almost stopped checking here it had been so long ... but I never gonna give up. And, I really do love salmon --- I get it everytime I go to Musashi. Your uncle Ralph "really" loved salmon & your Pa really loves you. Pa