Saturday, August 16, 2008

My deep apologies, and some ramblings.

How truly sorry I am that my devout followers (all three of you) have been left in the dark, wondering...

Wondering what the heck has LEAH been up to for the last two weeks to make her so ... absent... ;)

AND Why the heck is Leah sitting at the PC at 7:30 on Saturday morning, when she's at Harkers Island all by her lonesome with no kiddies to wipe and clean and transform (*transformers, that is) for.

The short answer is - I have been trained over the last 5 years to not be able to sleep past 7:30. And well. I guess that's the long answer too. So there.

Well, I came down this weekend for my 10-year HIGH SCHOOL REUNION!!! Last night we hung out at The Dock House in Beaufort and I could not be better satisfied with how the evening went. I can't wait to recap how the whole weekend goes. Let's just hope that the fun that was had last night only continues tonight at the Aquarium. I'm sure it will. :)

Seriously though - I have truly thought of blogging at least 62 times in the last two weeks. And 61 of those times I was either too busy, too tired, too blank, or too hungry. (*Why why why did God make us that way?! ...especially the last one!?)

Here's the long and short of it - Rodney took a little vacation time two weeks ago - and for that whole week... Shoot - I should start THREE weeks ago - My boys and I did the Harkers Island vacation scene way back at the end of July and had the best time! Because I'm Leah and forgetfully like that, I'll try to sum up what I do remember...

~The drive down. Dude. It was the best 4-hour leg of ANY trip with ANY three boys and ANY mama in the history of driving. Makes me sorry to think of the Mormon Pioneers, in more ways than one, when I consider how much my trusty DVD player means to me. And wheels. And gasoline. And air conditioning. And bug juice.

~Josy's new house. I can't wait for her to get a BLOG too!?! Then she'd have somewhere to publicly show how fantabulous it must be to have a house fit for a queen mommy of four! Two washers, two dryers, two dishwashers, four bathrooms, and the list goes on. I'm not a hater though. Promise. Truth be told - that's two washers, two dryers, two dishwashers, and four bathrooms that I would further neglect beyond my own! LOL!

~Mosquitoes.

~Green grass. And blue skies.



~Porch lounging/Back yard lounging. IF I had to sum up what makes my Ma & Pa's house dreamy - I'd probably let this one hold the number one spot. Those of you who don't have said porch and/or all the wrought iron rockers and swings (intermingled with a few old plastic chairs) do NOT know what you're missing. I'm talking breezes. Sunsets. Tall drinks of postum. Kids wearing you out while you sit and try to remedy the problems as best you can while STILL sitting. Really - there's no way around it... That is, classifying the lounging as number one, not the kids thing - There IS a way around that. It's called getting up. I don't advise that though. Someone might take your chair.


~Dogs. Actually one dog. But it's Maggie. And she likes to torment. ;) Pa disagrees. Click the picture of Pa to view larger. Just look at that face. It SCREAMS torment, am I right?!

~Golf cart riding. My dear Tiffner had the boys up to her MIL's (short for monster mother-in-law...yes, I'm joking. Kind of.) pool one night, and while they did their bid'ness, she and I hit up the golf cart and headed down to the shore. The one that lies way beyond (like 150 yards, I'm guessing) the shore that is their back yard. The shore that extends out like a thumb where marsh grass is high, and smell of gasoline and stinky boats live. We talked of something deep, I'm sure. That Tiffany and Leah combination is like. no. other. :) (*Dont' worry. Allen was watching the kids. I think.)

~Photography. Aly is probably about ready to throw in the towel of helping Leah with Photography 101. The thing is - I'm a mom. To three boys. AND I'm blonde. Now that's a sure-fire way to ensure that there are just a few brain cells left. Seriously. Back to Aly. Girl - Thanks for teaching me what you have so far. And then teaching me again. And again. One day my beautiful photographs of babies and weddings and old people in wrought iron rocking chairs will be the clear manifestation of what I DID remember. Hopefully sooner than later. There's only so much time!

~Pool fun. At ma's in the wading pool - which Carter-man really attacked with a vengeance. At Aunt Drex's pool - which Jackson & Brady (*along with some WAY cool older cousins, Ethan and Tanner who totally know how to make my little ones feel right at home) hit up with a similar vengeance. At Brenda's pool with their homeys Tommy and Garrett AND......... Emily's pool, where all the youn'uns this side of the Mississippi like to gather.

and last but not least.........

~The ride BACK to Rolesville. This deserves it's own post. I'll keep it that way. Maybe I'll get to it in the next, oh I don't know, two months. But seriously. I WILL get to it, if it's the last thing I do. Those memories must never be forgotten. I only wish I was talking good ones. Oh well.

Here I sit. Five chapters later, and never even got to Rodney's vacation. At least you know what to hurry back for next time!?! :)

Cheerio!

10 comments:

Our Crazy Happy Family said...

10 year high school reunion!!!! Okay now you make me feel old!

Lindsay said...

Finally.. an update!! ;) Just kiddin' girl! It was sooooo great to see you last night! We had a blast. Can you believe we have been out of school for 10 years?! We are getting old Leah ;) Love this post; can't wait for the next one!

Allison Bernauer said...

Hey Leah! I can't wait to hear about your reunion. Ours was so fun and I'm sure yours was too. Can you believe it has been so long ago that we walked those halls? Good to see a new post. I love to read it to keep up with what you're doing....plus your posts are always entertaining!!

Lauren said...

We had already started planning the reunion at the Aquarium before I left! I hope it went well. I haven't seen Becky Kappel-Davis(my old boss) in forever...how prego does she look?! I know she is due in November or something. I would love to hear details about how the events are going now that they are no longer graced with my presence! haha

Maggie May said...

Leah, it was so great to see you over the weekend at our reunion. I hope you know how wonderful you are. It was great catchin' up!

Anonymous said...

Leah-It was so good to see you at the reunion. I look forward to reading your blog now that I know it exists! Please keep in touch, I certainly don't want it to be another 10 years!!

Kari & Blair said...

I absolutely LOVE reading your blogs...they are captivating...and tiring at the same time!! :):) You should write a book!

Wendi said...

I love your ramblings!
I must admit that I am planning our 20th HS reunion.
Boy do I feel OLD!
Get some sleep already!

leah said...

krissi - girl - what are you talking about - you are what? 2 years older than me?! LOL!

lindsay - you may love my post, but i love you for your fabulous use of the semi-colon. :)

allison - thanks girl - i really did have a blast - and i wish we took a group shot like you guys did last year... what in the heck were we thinking?!

lauren - becky is as cute as they come. i think tiffany and i scared the bajezus out of her though. something about how it feels like you're dying when you're pushing the baby out. kidding. she really was precious though. and scared.

dana - are you trying to make me cry? and i promise - the feeling is mutual.

pa-TREESH-a. it better not be ten years. i shall come hunt you down, i say!

kari - no, i do not plan on venturing out into the great world of authoring (is that a word?) - nobody needs that. can you imagine it? a little coffee table book of pure-T-nothing. LOL!

wendi - the sleep came. in the form of a broken up nap this afternoon while jackson was at school, carter was napping, and brady was watching some disney animated cocaine. :) all is well. :)

Dodson Family said...

I have eaten at the Dock house..yummy!!! Love to watch the boats come in.